Comparing Correlation's Effect Size, Significance between Two Populations

Discussion in 'Scientific Statistics Math' started by Kitchen Maven, Nov 22, 2011.

  1. Hi, All!

    I have variables describing students (N=340), both boys (N=160) and
    girls (N=180).

    I calculated Pearson's correlation (using SPSS) for Variables A and B
    separately for boys and girls. So, now I have effect size (r) and
    significance (p) for both groups.

    Which test shall I apply for comparing the two effect sizes? Which
    shall I use for comparing the two significances?

    Kitchen Maven, Nov 22, 2011
    1. Advertisements

  2. Kitchen Maven

    Ray Koopman Guest

    See my response in sci.stat.consult. To ask the same question in
    more than one group, post it ONCE, with all the groups listed in
    the Newsgroups: field.
    Ray Koopman, Nov 22, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.