God & Mathematics

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by nycmathguy, Aug 5, 2022.

1. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

nycmathguy, Aug 5, 2022
    1. Advertisements

2. nycmathguy

MathLover1

William Lane Craig is Research Professor of Philosophy at the Talbot School of Theology.

so, not interested in his opinion about mathematics

MathLover1, Aug 5, 2022
    1. Advertisements

3. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

Ok. Sorry you feel that way. You do have the right to love and accept God or hate and reject Him. We are not robots. God didn't make robots. Of course, choose wisely to avoid a bad situation later. God does not send anyone to a place apart from Him. We send ourselves there.

One thing is certain, God will not accept the excuse that we didn't have solid evidence of the reality of God. This is a poor excuse. However, do what you like. Believe what you desire. Now, back to mathematics.

nycmathguy, Aug 5, 2022
  4. nycmathguy

MathLover1

Well, I don't even know HOW many times I had ask you to NOT bring religion here. This is over the top. You have reached my limit and I can just walk away from this forum and have some peace.

MathLover1, Aug 5, 2022
  5. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

At the end of my last reply, I did say back to mathematics. I will post College Algebra now. Let me know if you will reply. I did not completely know how much you despise religion. Many people hate religion and despise God. The only person to walk away from me is MarkFL. I miss him dearly. He, like you, cannot stand the mention of God, Jesus, etc.

I guess the mere mention of religion and God is enough the light the flames. I will not bring God into the forum or anywhere you are located. You need to remember that everything I say is done in love and respect for a person I highly admire. I don't want you to walk away because I did something in love.

nycmathguy, Aug 5, 2022
  6. nycmathguy

MathLover1

You made same promise numerous times and didn't keep it ones Why should I believe you will keep it now? No, you will not. You have show me numerous times that you have NO respect for me at all by torturing me non-stop with something what I have absolute NO interest in.

MathLover1, Aug 5, 2022
  7. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

Understood. No mention of God or religion in our contact. I totally get that it greatly upsets you. Sorry.

nycmathguy, Aug 5, 2022
  8. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

I came to the realization that your angry reply has nothing to do with religion. You want to walk away and have some peace. That's what this is all about.

You are retired. I am bombarding you with millions of math problems that I can easily check in the back of the textbooks by solving odd number questions only. I just wish that you would have said that you are done indefinitely before I posted new threads.

1. You are not obligated to help me or anyone else.

2. This is not about God. So, please don't blame Him. He is very good.

3. You want your freedom and peace of mind back. Right? I took that away from you. Sorry about that.

4. I must admit that I posted without consideration that you have a life outside of this and other forums.

5. I will onky ask for your help with questions when my nieces and nephews ask me for math help. Can you at least commit yourself to this simple task? Don't worry so much. My nieces and nephews ask for math help occasionally. They are not like me.

Of course, the choice is yours to make. If you are not interested in keeping contact because you want your freedom and peace of mind back, just say so. I will not bother you again if that is the case.

nycmathguy, Aug 6, 2022
  9. nycmathguy

MathLover1

it has to do with religion, I told you million times I am not religious and you kept sending questions and videos about it
    I have never sent you questions about atheism because it's not your choice.
    I have the feeling that you want me to be believer and accept existence of 'god', and I also have the feeling you posted more about it than about math.
    If I told you at very beginning I am not interested in a god, why you keep posting questions about it if not because you hope I will change my mind. If so, you got wrong person.

MathLover1, Aug 6, 2022
  10. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

As a believer, it is my hope for the whole world to turn to Jesus. Mira, my job is done. I told you about Him. I don't have to try convincing you anymore. I am not going to discuss God, the Bible, etc.

You have the right to believe in evolution just like I have the right to trust in Jesus as Lord and Savior of my life and future. If you could help me with questions that my nieces and nephews get stuck with, this is all I request.

Enjoy your weekend.

nycmathgutly

nycmathguy, Aug 6, 2022
  11. nycmathguy

MathLover1

You have the right to believe but you have no right to try convincing anyone to turn to Jesus.
    Only thing I could help you with is math, but you decided to try convince me to turn to Jesus which I do not appreciate at all.

MathLover1, Aug 6, 2022
  12. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

Mira,

You are an intelligent woman. I give you that much. A successful, talented lady. The only reason why I tried to convince you to join the Christian family of believers is because Jesus commands His followers to preach the gospel to every nation far and near.

However, my job is done trying to convince you that Jesus is real and wants you to follow Him. I'm done!! I expect some math questions from my nieces and nephews in the Fall. They are on summer break now. Enjoy your weekend.

nycmathguy, Aug 6, 2022
  13. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

I will need your help with math problems my nieces and nephews get stuck with this coming school year. If you cannot commit to this task, tell me now so that I can join another math forum.

nycmathguy, Aug 7, 2022
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question