Knapsack problem-genetic algorithm-I want to do 2 iterations by hand but confused.

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Math' started by shivajikobardan, Feb 18, 2022.

1. shivajikobardan

shivajikobardan

[​IMG]

Here is a solution, part of which doesn’t make any sense to me-:

->Why did we select c3,c1 and c3,c2 for 2nd generation?

-> why did we select os1,os2,c3,c2 for 3rd generation? (And what the heck is happening here? We are already in 3rd generation when even 2nd one is not complete?

-> then we mutate. Why are we mutating c1 lol. It doesn’t make any sense. We need to mutate one of the os1,os2,c3 or c2 according to my logic.

Anyway i have tried solving 2 iterations of it. If you can help me with 2 iterations of this problem, please do so.

Also test out my 2 iterations of this algorithm. What is right and wrong. I have used 1 point crossover.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just want 2 iterations of this and know when to stop and check if I am right or wrong..And understand that first solved example video that I shared above.. this is getting confusing more and more I see it. Is this something where I can do anything randomly and get marks in exam lol...I feel like so looking at it. And the internet. Internet sucks. 1 easy thing then there are 5 lakhs of posts explaining the same thing. 1 hard thing and suddenly there is noone even remotely trying to explain it. Few explanations are there but they are very contradictory to each other.

shivajikobardan, Feb 18, 2022
Ask a Question