Nervous About Basement Studio

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by nycmathguy, Aug 1, 2022.

1. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

Mira,

I am a bit worried and nervous about the new place. I will be there tomorrow after work. You say?

Guido

nycmathguy, Aug 1, 2022
  2. nycmathguy

MathLover1

why you are worried and nervous about it?

MathLover1, Aug 1, 2022
    nycmathguy likes this.
  3. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

1. I have moved to more than 20 locations between 2016 and 2022 for different reasons. Most of those places were furnished rooms (sharing situations).

2. All beginnings are OK until things start to happen.

3. I am a loner and don't want to be bothered. I hope the new landlord, who is overly outgoing, will not expect me to socialize too much. I just want to do math, study my Bible and play my hymns on the classical guitar.

4. Sunset Park is a ghetto area. The rent is affordable but at what price? No peace. Noisy neighbors. Loud music. Street gangs.

5. I don't like certain races for a specific reason. Although I am Hispanic, I don't get along with my own race. The owner of the house where I am now living is Puerto Rican. Felix is Puerto Rican. I don't like the Hispanic way of life, the culture, particularly Puerto Ricans & Dominicans (not to mention illegal aliens).

You say?

nycmathguy, Aug 2, 2022
  4. nycmathguy

MathLover1

You are Hispanic and you 'don't like the Hispanic way of life, the culture, particularly Puerto Ricans & Dominicans (not to mention illegal aliens).' Wondering why you mention illegal aliens when talking about own culture?
    You are suffering from Cultural cringe, an internalized inferiority complex that causes people in a country to dismiss their own culture as inferior to the cultures of other countries.

Wondering what culture do you like?

MathLover1, Aug 2, 2022
  5. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

No. No. No. Allow me to explain.

1. Puerto Ricans are not immigrants. Let's begin there. You should know that. Puerto Ricans are the only Hispanic group that don't need a green card to get legal status. Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the United States.

2. I was born in the Dominican Republic. My parents were granted LEGAL PERMISSION to enter the United States in April 1973. We didn't jump over a wall demanding free college, free medical/dental, jobs, etc.

3. Mira, you are very smart. Try to follow what I am saying.

4. My family came to America in April 1973. I was 8 years old. I was raised in NYC. I was raised in a Christian home. I know nothing about Dominican music called Merengue. I don't know who the President of my country of birth is, honestly, nor do I care to know.

5. Do you know what it means to be Americanized?
    I was raised in NYC. Everything I am points to the American culture. I was raised watching the Brady Bunch, Happy Days, Gomer Pyle, USMC, etc.

6. I grew up in a Christian home. My dad was a Copy Editor for Noticias Del Mundo and a part-time pastor.
    My dad loved the United States. What does that mean? That means that my dad loved American music, American television, the NY Yankees, Apple Pie, Nat "King" Cole, etc.

7. My dad was born in DR but did not socialize with anyone who verbally trashed America and the American culture. My dad was a big fan of George Washington and so am I. I am a patroit. I am former Navy.

8. Mira, to survive in a Hispanic area, culture, environment you MUST BE LIKE THEM in every sense. My problem is the same problem my dad had living in a Latino community. I love America and the American culture far more than my own simply because I was raised here. Does that make sense to you? I don't even know how to read and write in Spanish. Understand? This is very OFFENSIVE to the Hispanic community.

9. Every time I hang out with Hispanics they ask me to name my favorite musical artist. They expect me to say Ricky Martin, Jennifer Lopez, etc. I cannot relate to worldly music. I grew up listening to music that honors the Lord Jesus Christ. Mira, I don't even know how to dance. I am being honest here. Hispanics love to dance. It's hard to dance to The Old Rugged Cross. Get it? Ever try dancing to hymns? Doesn't work, right? I love my hymns.

10. The new landlord's name is Alvin. He does not know me. When Alvin and his family find out that I cannot relate to the Puerto Rican way of life, they will simply ask me to move out. I am have been through this many, many times. Understand? I cannot relate to Latinos because I am TOO AMERICANIZED. Does that make sense to you? It should make sense. This is easy to understand.

You say?

nycmathguy, Aug 2, 2022
  6. nycmathguy

MathLover1

My family also had LEGAL PERMISSION to enter the United States.
    You were 8 years old and it is normal to be "Americanized" to the certain degree.
    My youngest son was 6 1/2 when we left our country and he has no memories about life there whatsoever. However, he knows about our culture because he lives with us. He has no desire to visit our country nor cares much about it, but he also doesn't feel to be "Americanized" enough to say he is just an American. We all feel as one of sort of "dual culture".

you say "When Alvin and his family find out that I cannot relate to the Puerto Rican way of life, they will simply ask me to move out." I don't get it. Why?

MathLover1, Aug 2, 2022
    nycmathguy likes this.
  7. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

You want to know why Alvin will ask me to move out. Seriously? One thing I forgot to mention is how terribly Anti-American most Latinos are. I am a rare case. I love America. I don't blame the United States for poverty around the world.

If you are going to live in a Hispanic community, you better not side with LOS GRINGOS (THE WHITE RACE). Allow me to explain the Hispanic mentality. Dominicans hate the NY Yankees became in the Dominican Republic the Yankees (the baseball team) represents WHITE AMERICA, LOS GRINGOS. Dominicans hate the Yankees but love the Red Sox, the Reds, the Mets, etc.

In their stupid mentality, the NY Yankees are the only Americans while the rest of the teams are not. Dominicans hate RED, WHITE, AND BLUE. They love the color red because red in DR represents communism. Understand?

Of course, if you live in a Hispanic area YOU BETTER BE a liberal or a Democrat. You better not say the words TRUMP, YANKEES, GEORGE WASHINGTON, etc. Understand? They are a one mind track race. If they suspect that you prefer to watch the Brady Bunch over any Spanish show, you are done! I feel slightly insulted that you don't think I know my own people.

Back at Lehman College, I was hated by Latinos students for my love of mathematics. They truly believe that only WHITE people and Asians can succeed in mathematics. I disagree. I can learn calculus. I am just a little rusty with algebra.

You are helping me go through college algebra. Hopefully, after our journey together, we can jump right back into calculus 1. Do you understand the mentality of Latinos a little better now? By the way, the same hatred of America can be found in Hispanic churches.

Latinos blame America for their poverty-stricken situation around the globe. America gives food, money and medical services to people around the globe more than any other country on earth. I don't blame the White race for my own stupidity and bad decisions in life. On 9-11, Dominicans were dancing in upper Manhattan. Dancing not crying with everyone else. This is not a group of people I want to associate with. Understand?

You say?

nycmathguy, Aug 2, 2022
  8. nycmathguy

MathLover1

I know and I worked with many Latinos (my son also work with them) here and never noticed any Anti-American feeling. If Alvin feels that way, why is he here?
    You said on 9-11, Dominicans were dancing in upper Manhattan, I never heard about that. Hard to believe in something like that. Do you have any proof that really happened?

MathLover1, Aug 2, 2022
  9. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

Proof? I am sure you can find videos online of Dominicans dancing and playing dominoes on the streets of NYC on 9-11. You are still doubting my words, huh?

nycmathguy, Aug 2, 2022
  10. nycmathguy

MathLover1

I was looking for it but couldn't find any article or video I was here and didn't hear anything about reactions like that. Do you thin media, in that case, would be silent?

MathLover1, Aug 2, 2022
  11. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

They probably took it down. Trust me, I know my own race. Does this hatred apply to every Latino? Of course, I do not mean every Latino but most of them hate and envy ANYONE doing better in life.

nycmathguy, Aug 2, 2022
Ask a Question