Not A Wink, Not A Blink But A Twink

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by nycmathguy, Jul 3, 2022.

1. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

How fast is the TWINKLING of an eye? It is faster than a wink. It is faster than a blink. You say? Is there a formula?

nycmathguy, Jul 3, 2022
  2. nycmathguy

MathLover1

The average person blinks every 4 seconds – that is about 15 times per minute, or over 20000 times a day, depending on how long the person stays awake. Each blink lasts about a tenth of a second, which isn't a lot of time. But it is enough to clean and lubricate the surface of the eye.

Scientists have found that blinking also helps the brain get a much-needed break. It turns out all the fluttering is the brain's way of getting some rest so it can process surrounding information.

Researchers in Japan monitored the brain activity of 10 volunteers using MRI machines. When they compared the results, the researchers found that participants blinked at the same time when they were watching a TV show.
    The researchers further tested their hypothesis and discovered that contrary to popular belief, blinking is not a random action but a predictable one. People who are watching a movie or attending a meeting will blink at the same time.

How fast is a blink of an eye in MPH?

Assume the gap between the upper and lower eyelids is (1/4)th of an inch.
    The time for a blink is about t=0.1s.
    (1/4)in=0.25in

So, 0.25in = 0.00000394570707 miles for movement distance.

Velocity = Distance / Time where time is t=0.1s

v = 0.00000394570707mil / 0.1s = 3.94570707* 10^-7 mil/s.

There are 60 seconds in a minute and 60 minutes in an hour so there are 3600s/hr=3.6*10^3 s/hr.

3.94570707 * 10^-6 mil/s * 3.6*10^3 s/h = 14.204 x 10^-4 miles/h

Answer is: 1.4204 x 10^-2 mph

MathLover1, Jul 3, 2022
    nycmathguy likes this.
  3. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

Mira,

You just figured out the speed of the rapture.
    The apostle Paul said:

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Corinthians 14:52)

So, the transformation from our physical body now to His glorious body will happen at
    1.4204 x 10^-2 mph. The same applies to dead bodies, cremated bodies, bodies lost at sea, bodies eaten by wild animals, etc. That is really fast.
    Good answer. Good math work.

nycmathguy, Jul 3, 2022
  4. nycmathguy

MathLover1

stop talking about rapture...why you bringing it into math again?

Why so many religious people don’t I believe in the rapture? There are two simple reasons:
    1. Church history doesn’t support it
      and more importantly:
    2. It’s not found in the Bible
    so, no more religion here

MathLover1, Jul 3, 2022
  5. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

I will not bring religion into the forum. However, I can biblically prove that the apostle Paul taught the rapture, if you ever want to learn about this. I will not do this here.

Remember, the Old Testament was written in Hebrew and the New Testament was written in Greek. If you read the original New Testament in Greek, you will find the word HARPAZO which means to be unexpectedly and quickly removed or caught up. The apostle Paul used the words caught up in First Thessalonians chapter 4.

I want to say one last thing about this topic. There have been several rapture events that have already taken place involving one person at a time. The only difference between the single person rapture events and the rapture of the church is that the rapture that is yet to occur involves more people. I will stop here.

nycmathguy, Jul 4, 2022
  6. nycmathguy

MathLover1

there is no such of thing like biblically prove, so stick to the math book

MathLover1, Jul 4, 2022
Ask a Question