Random Probability Question

Discussion in 'Advanced Probability and Statistics' started by wilsonbe86, Mar 30, 2022.

1. wilsonbe86

wilsonbe86

Hello!

Sorry if this is not the right forum for this, but I am having trouble finding a spot where I can ask my question. I have a probability question that I just need an answer for. This is for my own knowledge, I do not need this information for an exam or anything. I understand if this does not get answered because of this.

Background: My boss lives in the US and we have a business partner that lives in Greece. They both went on vacation this week, but did not tell each other when they were going to take vacation or where they were going to vacation. Both my boss and international partner ended up traveling to the Cairo and are staying at hotels that are across the Nile from each other.

Question: What is the probability that my boss and our international partner:

1. Would end up in the same city?
    2. Would end up in hotels across from each other in the same city?

All without previous knowledge of each other traveling.

Thank you so much!

wilsonbe86, Mar 30, 2022
Ask a Question