Silly Fear

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by nycmathguy, Jul 6, 2022.

1. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

I am a good swimmer. I love the deep end of a pool. The deeper, the better. However, I cannot open my eyes under water. I am literally afraid to open my eyes.

When I see the floor drop or ramp it scares me. However, I can swim and float easily. My life in the water has not been the same ever since I started watching Shark Week. I know there are no sharks in a public pool but the mind does play tricks. What about you? What's your silly fear?

nycmathguy, Jul 6, 2022
  2. nycmathguy

MathLover1

Did you ever swim in fast river or sea? I love swimming above surface as under water surface as well and I have no problem to open my eyes. But I do not like the grass on the bottom of rivers because once I got tangled in the grass and my cousin pulled me out, I was almost out of breath.

MathLover1, Jul 6, 2022
    nycmathguy likes this.
  3. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

Mira, never go swimming under a river. It is super dangerous. We have swimming pools for this purpose.

1. Yes, in my country of birth (DR) I went swimming in rivers as a young boy.

2. Back in my teen years I went to the beach quite often. Yes, I went swimming many times. I recall going out so far that the lifeguard was forced to blow his whistle as a warning for me to return to shore.

NEVER WITH MY EYES OPEN FOR FEAR THAT I MAY SEE A SHARK OR A CROCODILE IN THE RIVER. Like I said, silly fear.

nycmathguy, Jul 6, 2022
  4. nycmathguy

MathLover1

I don't like swimming pools, specially if to many people come in the same time. We didn't have neither sharks nor crocodiles in our see and rivers.

MathLover1, Jul 6, 2022
  5. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

Understood but rivers and the beach is out for me.

nycmathguy, Jul 7, 2022
Ask a Question