Tax percentage, please?

Discussion in 'Basic Math' started by JellyBeam, Sep 6, 2023.

1. JellyBeam

JellyBeam

Hello all.

This is a bit embarrassing, but true. I am Math "obstructed". :) I suffered from a pretty serious head injury when young, and THE biggest change in me is that math is a complete and utter BLOCK - almost as if a wall is between the question, and the answer.

Anyway, I am trying to find out the percentage of tax used to calculate an end number.

My house is being rebuilt and the most the insurance company will pay for 122 nights, is:

Estimated Room Rate: $6,708.78
    Estimated Tax: $1,140.70
    Estimated Per Night Total: $64.34
    Estimated Total: $7,849.48

My question is, what is the tax percentage on this? On another forum I was told to work it out like this:
    (1140.7)=(x)(6708.78) ... but I don't know what that means. :(

Can someone PLEASE let me know how much the tax percent is, please ... as if I were three years old (12%? 14%? 18? 19, 20, 23, 28 percent???).

Any help is greatly appreciated!!! / Thank you in advance.

JellyBeam, Sep 6, 2023
  2. JellyBeam

JellyBeam

NVM. Got it.

JellyBeam, Sep 6, 2023
  3. JellyBeam

e.jane.aran

You were further instructed on that other site to divide through by the 6708.78, multiply by 100, and append the percent symbol. This was an explanation of the previous reply you'd received, which gave the answer as being [(1140.7)/(6708.78)]*[100].

e.jane.aran, Sep 6, 2023
Ask a Question