Testing Variance´s Homogeneity

Discussion in 'Scientific Statistics Math' started by \Luis A. Afonso\, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Mathworld wrote:
    *** Parameter
    A parameter is a value, usually unknown (and which therefore has to be estimated), used to represent a certain population characteristic. For example, the population mean is a parameter that is often used to indicate the average value of a quantity.***

My comment

OTHER site I expect you correct, Jack Leon Tomsky, URGENTLY.
    This is WRONG even more clearly (in your opinion) because it can be read (I emphasise)
    *** A parameter is a VALUE …***
    GO AND EAT THEM!!!
    _________licas (Luis A. Afonso)

\Luis A. Afonso\, Feb 16, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. \Luis A. Afonso\

Jack Tomsky Guest

Therefore YOU MUST CORRECT WIKIPEDIA that (against

Why whould I correct Wikipedia when they agree with me?

Jack

Jack Tomsky, Feb 16, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. \Luis A. Afonso\

Jack Tomsky Guest

Why should I correct Mathworld when they agree with me?

Jack

4. There are something VERY ODD

____Mathworld say specifically that:
    ______Parameter is a value NOT THAT is a Distribution (OR TWO) as you claimed past in this thread... (The Readers should control this boy´s moral behavior, it is urgent).

________licas (Luis A. Afonso)

Date: Feb 16, 2007 9:25 AM
    Author: Jack Tomsky
    Subject: Re: Testing Variance’s Homogeneity
    Jacks response:

Why should I correct Mathworld when they agree with me? Jack

Mathworld and Wikipedia are UNANIMOUS to restrict PARAMETER to values not to Distributions.
    Jack claiming that this is wrong turns up the protagonist of a REAL UPERMOST SCIENTIFIC FIND that I was the first to eulogize.

__________licas (Luis A. Afonso)

5. \Luis A. Afonso\

Jack Tomsky Guest

There are something VERY ODD

The parameter space in this example is the set of all continuous cdfs and each cdf is a point in this parameter space. I know that this concept is too advanced for you to understand. Perhaps someday when you're older and wiser, you'll understand it.

Jack

6. Tomsky:
    What I ensure you are that is more and more urgent to correct Mathworld and Wikipedia that are WRONG. (and NOT that they agree with your concept of parameter).
    IN ANY point the pdf’s are considered by these sites as PARAMERTERS. This is THE point.

Your find is extremely far away to what is generally accepted, therefore I urged you to write to the above entities in order they finally find the correct way. If you did not I have all reason and right to consider an imbecile evasive trick of yours (one more). Only if you did not...
    If you are sure you are right you must defend your opinion always and everywhere, in all circumstances and opponents, at all places and before all audiences.

_______licas (Luis A. Afonso)

7. \Luis A. Afonso\

Jack Tomsky Guest

Tomsky:

Why aren't you complaining to Wikipedia and to Mathworld for not excluding the set of continuous cdfs as a possible parameter space? Nobody accepts your restriction.

Jack

8. You certainly did not READ what I quoted from Mathworld and Wikipedia: THEY EXCLUDE (OMITTING) pdf´s as parameters. I agree with this restriction, therefore I have NOTHING to claim.
    All the Readers became to suspect that our trick to include pdf´s as parameters was only a pretext to criticize me.
    You have not argumentation to sustain your point of view before all the Statistician Society. That is evident your vice to quarrel whatever the matter. Making noise, and nothing useful you providing.
    You never did intend to be a *man* and fight for your beliefs. This is clear evident.

______licas (Luis A Afonso)

9. \Luis A. Afonso\

Jack Tomsky Guest

You certainly did not READ what I quoted from

Wikipedia and Mathworld both agree with me. They do not exclude parameter spaces as sets of continuous cdfs. Otherwise, it would not be possible to invert KS to construct confidence bands on the population cdf. That shows that the population cdf can be a parameter. Do a Google search for "confidence bands"+cdf and you'll find many links.

I have spent many hours correcting your mistakes and you have not shown me the proper appreciation for all that I have taught you. No one else has been willing to devote such time and energy to this thankless task.

Jack

10. The existence of parameters are not a *sine qua non* (it is not essential) condition to be able to define *confidence bands* as you stated. This is your bigger error.
    You naivelly are using only parameters that included in a test statistics leading to, generally speaking, a Normal Standard Distribution.
    However (I´m loosing time too to teaching you) there are a kind of tests to which this is not so.
    You, without a critical value, C.V. you are LOST.
    I´ll teach you...
    ____C.V. and p-value are operationally the same thing_________because they both are able to decide if we should or should not ACCEPT H0.
    Your peculiarly narrow mind did not attain this simple idea yet. (do learn from me).
    The Lilliefor´s form of the Kolmogorov-Smirnov test is precisely a test with the same characteristics of all that are obtained by simulation. In such a test we don´t know C.V. from the mathematical expression, which we know not, nor is necessary to know.

The steps are:
    1) Constructing the samples with the Distribution under study
    2) Evaluating the test statistics W, memorizing the value
    3) Repeat the steps 1) an 2) a sufficient number of times in order to acceding to a, say, complete W(data) distribution,
    4) Then to add systematically (from the minimum W to W(1-alpha) which is RECORDED.
    5) This is, for al purposes, a critical value

This explanation is, necessarily, somewhat incomplete. However, if you are interested, I´ll give you all details throughout a BASIC program.

Many years ago (by 1992 or so) I had able to find the Confidence intervals (alpha=0.05) of precisely the L – KS test
    In the last two years I had the opportunity to post results, using the same method.
    In short : are the p-vlues that leads to know the Critical Values (and not these are obtained from Distribution Functon mathematical expression).

A Chinese proverb:
    __Instead to bowl out in the dark, much better to light a candle__________________________

_______licas (Luis A. Afonso)

11. \Luis A. Afonso\

Jack Tomsky Guest

The existence of parameters are not a *sine qua

Confidence sets are regions on a parameter or parameters. There are over 125,000 Google links to confidence bands and cdfs. In this context, the cdf is the parameter and the confidence band is obtained by finding all cdfs which would pass the hypothesis test. What do you know that all these people don't know?

Jack

12. Since 1966 (by Lilliefors) Monte Carlo methods has been used with complete success in Statistics, a short time after it was a current in Physics (namely Reactor Physics, Diffusion, etc,. etc.) Your complete ignorance concerning this is a very striking picture of the stage attained by your *education* in Statistics.
    Thousands of papers (and dozens of sites on NET) can be available to all those that REALLY are concerned and interested to be really *au point*.
    (I could myself, to be aware to this evolution).
    No, nowhere you will find a writer that defends that a Distribution is a parameter: because it was the same to say that a constant quantity was equal to a function. Only in your mind such a thing could be installed.

*** A simple user of Statistics never will be a true Statistician which demands hard work, diligence, cunning, time, and natural aptitude. Mainly it demands THINKING, without stop or negligence, restlessly, all our life. ***

_____licas (Luis A. Afonso)

13. \Luis A. Afonso\

Jack Tomsky Guest

Since 1966 (by Lilliefors) Monte Carlo methods has

Why is it so hard for you to understand that every confidence set lies in the parameter space? That's the basic definition of a confidence set. (See Lehman, p. 176).

How is it possible for anyone to be so stupid? No wonder all your concepts and nomenclature are backwards.

Jack

14. No I do not permit that you try to *sweeter* the phrase that you are not allowed to change in its full brutality. It is not HONEST AT ALL!
    a)____pdf´s ARE parameters.

This has only a meaning
    1)_____pdf´s and parameters are things of the same category,
    2)_____ pdf´s is a subset of parameters.

YOU MUST CORRECT Mathworld and Wikipedia because they NEVER stated a).
    Until you did not I have the right and the reason to say that YOU ARE A COMPLETE IGNORANT.

15. \Luis A. Afonso\

Jack Tomsky Guest

No I do not permit that you try to *sweeter* the

I am giving you an assignment. Since Mathworld and Wikipedia never forbade cdfs from being parameters in certain applications, you must take out a lawsuit against them for not specifically declaring that cdfs can never be parameters. They apparently had the idea that all their readers are intelligent. Good luck.

Jack

16. Jack wrote:

*** I am giving you an assignment. Since Mathworld and Wikipedia never forbade cdfs from being parameters in certain applications, you must take out a lawsuit against them for not specifically declaring that cdfs can never be parameters. They apparently had the idea that all their readers are intelligent. Good luck. Jack ***

My response

I are REALLY stupid if you are not aware that
    ____Mathematical definitions are NEVER given trough NEGATIVE TERMS.

Because this is for you I must give an example to be understood:
    Definition of W
    ____W is not B or C or D or, ... IS NEVER ALLOWED TO BE A definition of W.
    ________N´est ce pas?
    Because they suppose the readers are intelligent the text-book authors, even of Introductory texts do not dare to use this method.
    _____Mouth dance is the only thing that is available to you...

\Luis A. Afonso\, Feb 17, 2007
  17. \Luis A. Afonso\

Jack Tomsky Guest

At least we agree on something.

Jack

if you are not aware that

Jack Tomsky, Feb 17, 2007
  18. My response, Jack:

NOTHING IN SUBSTANCE , you are EMPTY.
    You are unable to joint two arguments together in a rational way.

19. \Luis A. Afonso\

Jack Tomsky Guest

My response, Jack:

Look, I happen to believe that you are stupid. You have claimed that you are stupid. So while we disagree on the definition of confidence regions, we have found one area of agreement; namely, that you are stupid.

Jack

Jack Tomsky, Feb 17, 2007
  20. My response, Jack:

NOTHING IN SUBSTANCE , you are EMPTY.
    You are unable to joint two arguments together in a rational way.
    OF COURSE YOU, BESIDES STUPID ARE a full IDIOT.

1. Advertisements

Ask a Question