1+1=1

Discussion in 'Basic Math' started by Devilman93, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Devilman93

Devilman93

1 water molecule plus 1 water molecule equals 1 molecule. The molecules combine to form only one bigger molecule. addition in this instance is referring more to mass not units. 1+1=1. So math is wrong when it comes to mass and units. Addition to me means combine. When math was created it was used to count things. Goats, money, bails of wheat. Combining numbers was not understood at the time. When it comes to mass and energy, math needs to looked at in different ways. it works both ways . if you have a large lump of clay and take away 1 piece you have 2 pieces. so 1-1=2. if 3 people get into 1 car you don't have 4 cars or 4 people you have a total of 1 car with a subset of 3.. I call these charged numbers and when the people get out of the car it then becomes neutral back to 1. 1 with a subset of 3. 1(3)+(-3)=1.

Devilman93, Dec 17, 2019
    hendry1 likes this.
  2. Devilman93

hendry1

cool!

hendry1, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Devilman93

HallsofIvy

No, they don't! While other kinds of molecules will combine to form one larger molecule, water molecules do NOT.

No, you are just using it rwrong.

All you are saying is that YOU do not understand mathematics! You are confusing yourself with poor English as well. If you "take away" 1 piece of clay you do NOT have 2 pieces- that is not what "take away" means!

HallsofIvy, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Devilman93

nycmathguy

This site is dead compared to the others. The original is dated 12/17/19. That person has not returned to the thread in 3 years.

nycmathguy, Nov 27, 2021
  5. Devilman93

HallsofIvy

How are all these old posts showing up on my screen?

HallsofIvy, Nov 27, 2021
  6. Devilman93

nycmathguy

I wouldn't dedicate time and effort to solve problems that were posted years ago. If you decide to ask the owner of the site, good luck. That person is no where to be found, too. I prefer the other, more-involved forums but too many tutors with attitudes that got on my case.

nycmathguy, Nov 27, 2021
Ask a Question