What math knowledge do I need to calculate Maxwell equations

Discussion in 'Calculus' started by Gandalf, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Gandalf

Gandalf

Hello,

My question is quite simple. I've seen some video about Maxwell equations. The topic interested me, so I decided to check it deeper. But I've found out that my math knowledge is not too good to compute with these equations so I could understand the topic in detail. Could you please point me to math skills that I have to learn if I have no university education? I want to be capable to compute whatever touches electricity with these.

Thanks

Gandalf, Aug 11, 2021
  2. Gandalf

MathLover1

Maxwell's equations describe how electric charges and electric currents create electric and magnetic fields.
    Maxwell's equations are inherently multidimensional equations.
    Learn the multivariable calculus. Of course, you need to learn calculus 2 first. Knowing integration by parts, along with all other calculus 2 topics except infinite series, is assumed when learning multivariable calculus.

MathLover1, Aug 11, 2021
    Gandalf and nycmathguy like this.
  3. Gandalf

Gandalf

Thank you for the reply. Could you please inline me to some pdf related to the topics? I've found st. but I still have no complete information about the topic yet.

Gandalf, Aug 11, 2021
  4. Gandalf

MathLover1

5. Gandalf

Gandalf

Thank you, these are nice. I've already found the most these basics but there is some information that I didn't find out. The main pain for me is the math that I couldn't find out where I could start from but I've found also some pdf according to the your first advice that should include calculus 2 and multivariable calculus meantime - this is several hundred of pages so I don't know for sure if that's all, but it is definitely enough to start.

Thanks for the help!

Gandalf, Aug 11, 2021
Ask a Question