Graphing Piecewise Function...4

Discussion in 'Other Pre-University Math' started by nycmathguy, Jul 26, 2021.

1. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

Section 1.6
    Question 39

See attachments.

For this one, I decided to graph each piece separately and then put it all together in the same coordinate plane.

You say?

20210723_203024.jpg

20210726_102940.jpg

nycmathguy, Jul 26, 2021
    MathLover1 likes this.
  2. nycmathguy

MathLover1

correct!

MathLover1, Jul 26, 2021
    nycmathguy likes this.
  3. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

The trick is to graph one piece at a time keeping the side conditions in mind. I didn't do that for the other graphs. I will see piecewise functions again before we end our precalculus journey.

I now take a break for a few days. Section 1.7 is our next stop. Graphing functions continues in Transformations of Functions. Just like Section 1.6, all graphs will be done by hand. Unfortunately, I do not have the needed time to graph all the functions.

You are retired. I am about 10 or 12 years away from retirement. In terms of retirement and opening up a CD account at the bank at 30%, I will text a PM in the next couple of days. If anyone can help me with a decent retirement plan, it's you. Retirement is impossible without mathematics. Thus, my next PM will be about mathematics and retirement. Getting ready to start another LONG work week. Sad but true.

nycmathguy, Jul 26, 2021
    MathLover1 likes this.
Ask a Question