Hello, just want to keep the neurons firing

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by EmptySetBlues, Mar 31, 2022.

1. EmptySetBlues

EmptySetBlues

Hello to all. I've retained my interest in math into retirement even though it didn't much figure into my career. I'll have a look around and see what's going on here. In fact, I'm posting a problem that I think I've solved for myself, although not so happy it happened so quickly. I wanted more adventure! o_O

EmptySetBlues, Mar 31, 2022
  2. EmptySetBlues

Ian Administrator

Ian, Mar 31, 2022
  3. EmptySetBlues

nycmathguy

1. I am 56 (soon to be 57).

2. I graduated from college in June 1994.

3. I also love math.

4. Currently learning College Algebra and Calculus 1 with the help of a friend on this website. Yes, two different courses. It is a self-study effort.

5. Take a look at all my Precalculus threads. All replies and math work make excellent study notes.

nycmathguy, Apr 1, 2022
  4. EmptySetBlues

nycmathguy

Your username is familiar to me. Did you just join this website?

nycmathguy, Apr 1, 2022
  5. EmptySetBlues

EmptySetBlues

@nycmathguy: I'll take a look. Have a look at my 3D couch problem thread in Other Math. I was all set for high adventure in Mathland, since 3D versions of geometric problems can be real buggers, but, well, facts is facts... I'll have to cook up another project.
    I just joined. I made the name up at random, the sort of thing almost anybody would come up with. Haven't been on this or any other math forums much yet, so I haven't seen many other usernames.
    I'm 68 and never finished college due to finances. I just try to keep up on my own. Always liked math.

EmptySetBlues, Apr 1, 2022
    nycmathguy likes this.
  6. EmptySetBlues

nycmathguy

1. I meant the username for Ian.

2. I am a member here as a learner not a tutor. Thus, I am not ready to answer 3D geometry math problems above the high school level, anyway.

3. Hey, 68 is not old. You are no longer a teenager but 68 is relatively young.

4. I want to introduce you to Professor Leonard on You Tube. Leonard's math video clips are amazingly fun and easy to understand. He is truly gifted.

5. Also, try mathtv.com for great FREE math lessons. Post your questions here. Member MathLover1 is an amazing online tutor former math teacher.

nycmathguy, Apr 1, 2022
Ask a Question