Households

Discussion in 'Other Pre-University Math' started by nycmathguy, Aug 2, 2021.

1. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

Section 1.7
    Question 62

See attachments.

62a. The transformation of f(x) involves the following:

A. Shifted 33.12 units to the right.
    B. Multiplied by a factor of -0.023, which inverts f(x), the parent function.
    C. The parent function has been shifted up 131 units parallel to the line x = 0.
    D. See graph of N(x) below.

Can you please set up 62b? I will show the math work.

I think for 62c, I must evaluate N(x) at t = 22. If not, please set it up. I will show the math work tomorrow. Good night.

20210801_190300.jpg

20210801_194133.jpg

nycmathguy, Aug 2, 2021
    MathLover1 likes this.
  2. nycmathguy

MathLover1

graph should be:
    [​IMG]

MathLover1, Aug 2, 2021
    nycmathguy likes this.
  3. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

Thanks.

Can you please set up 62b? I will show the math work.

I think for 62c, I must evaluate N(x) at t = 22. If not, please set it up. I will show the math work when time allows. Back to work tonight but off tomorrow night. I needed a day off. Looking to share an apartment with a friend near the Brighton Beach area in Brooklyn. I need a break from the furnished room scenario.

nycmathguy, Aug 2, 2021
  4. nycmathguy

MathLover1

62b
    The average rate of change of f(x) on the interval [a,b] is:
    [​IMG] (hint: [a,b] is [0,14] )

62c, yes you must evaluate N(x) at t = 22

MathLover1, Aug 2, 2021
    nycmathguy likes this.
  5. nycmathguy

nycmathguy

For 62b, the value of a is 0 and b = 14. Just plug and chug.

For 62c, I will work it out on paper. Time is short. As long as I know what to do, I can return later to work it out.

Thank you for your guidance through the first few sections in Chapter 1. We move on to Section 1.8 this week. Section 1.8 is all about Composite Functions. I like composite functions.

However, tons of questions will NOT be posted moving forward. As long as the concept is understood for each type of problem, I can always return to answer lots of questions. Composite functions problems in the David Cohen textbook are superior. By "superior" I mean more detailed, more complex. I will stick to the Ron Larson book and post from the Cohen book occasionally.

Limited time is a huge problem. You remember your working days, right? I am off this weekend as my vacationing coworker comes back August 6. Is about time!!! I am not doing this next year. Thanks again. Look for composite functions tomorrow night or Wednesday morning. Live long and love math.

nycmathguy, Aug 2, 2021
Ask a Question